10 Years Strong
Celebrating a decade of partnerships and engagement with the lymphedema community.
This 2-day event offers industry sponsored symposia, plenary sessions and workshops specifically geared for health professionals and patients, as well as poster viewing and evening reception. Draft schedule can be viewed here.
The conference is for primary care as well as specialist health professionals and patients from across Canada and abroad, with an interest in lymphedema.
- Patients with or at risk of lymphedema, their caregivers and lymphedema advocates
- Physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, therapist assistants, social workers, psychologists and nurses
- Oncologists, surgeons, radiologists and general medical practitioners
- Research scientists
- Graduate and medical students
- Compression garment fitters
- Health Ministry representatives and policy advisors
The Scientific Committee has planned a thought provoking and nationally relevant conference agenda. The conference will include both interactive and open discussion sessions to promote collaboration between sectors of the lymphedema community, with the aim to foster innovation and promote positive change.
Presenters will address current issues in research, surgery, exercise and self-care for lymphedema. The program also includes plenary sessions, workshops, poster presentations, an Exhibit Hall, as well as a networking reception on Friday evening.
The Draft Agenda is available here:
Chronic Wounds and Lymphedema
Exercise including Aquafit and Yoga
and a special Panel on Surgical Solutions
Dr. Machteld Huber (The Netherlands) on Positive Health; The New Definition of Health
Dr. Pierre von de Weid (Alberta, Canada) on Scientific Developments in Lymphedema Research
Dr. Anna Towers (Montreal, Quebec) on Palliative Care and Lymphedema
- Susan Harris, PhD (British Columbia, Canada) on Challenging Myths of Exercise-induced Lymphedema
- Jean LaMantia (Ontario, Canada) on Nutrition and Lymphedema
Plus don’t miss the much-anticipated panel on Surgical Solutions for Lymphedema, led by Canadian surgeons: Dr. John Semple (Surgeon-in-Chief at Women’s College Hospital in Toronto), Dr. Sibal Haykal (Surgeon at UHN) and Amy Beaith (a patient’s perspective on Quality of Life After Surgery)